Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Goodbye facebook .. you have treated me well.

There is a fine line between stalking and just taking a slight interest in some person (Who you have probably not seen since school) life.  Facebook takes this to a new level, allowing people to judge you for many years after your last conversation.  All facebook users are guilty of this pleasure we call facebook stalking, and it is used as a procrastinator for many students across the world.  With deadlines only a few weeks away for major pieces of life altering work, it amazes me how many people still sit on facebook for hours on end, checking out people they don't really care about, but they care about more than doing actual work.  I am one that is very guilty of this, and therefore, I have deleted (or deactivated) my facebook account.  I am 24 hours in and it is going ok, I have found YouTube to be quite a healthy distraction from any work I do actually need to do, as well as Twitter, which is an up and coming favourite distraction website of mine!  After all .. facebook is now turning into twitter .. so what is the difference anyway! Now instead of stalking my friends from years past, I can stalk celebrities. Good plan.

On a side note, I am going to see Lily Allen tonight, and I am also wondering where my Jason Mraz tickets are, surely they should be delivered by now. 

I am also on the final (2 week) countdown until Easter! Horrah! I cannot wait to sit in my bedroom and gaze out at the sun wishing I could be out there but instead I am inside writing and editing.  Thank god this is my last year in education, the thing I am looking forward to right now, is the ability to come home from a days work and relax, not have to think I need to read two chapters of Smith et al (2007) before tomorrow! Happy Days! Bring on the summer!

No comments: