Sunday, March 29, 2009

Africa - The South of





So after a hard day moving dog beds around my store and finally fitting out 14 of the 16 remaining back stock beds onto some racking I returned home thinking my day had actually been rather productive and ... for a good 99% of my working day ... I had a good laugh! I do thoroughly enjoy my weekend team and managers team of dreams we have going on! We do what we do, and we do it well! Dare I say I am almost at the point where I love my store AND my stock! Shocking. Me and my co-worker actually had to remove ourselves from the 'we have finished our shift and are standing outside gossiping' situation earlier due to our over excitement of which brands make which dog food. For those who are wondering ... example 1 ... nestle = bakers. fact.

Back to the point.

I was sat on my bed happily enjoying the sun beating through my attic window and warming my room, preparing myself to read approximately 300 pages of marketing (Smith et al) in preparation for my final week of marketing discussion posts ... when my phone rang.  It was a number that I didn't know, but it wasn't with-held, so .... out of character .... I answered it.  

As it happens it was a guy who interviewed me to go on a volunteering project to South Africa.  I got the gig! So in a mere 5 months time I will be shipped off to Ladysmith to work with the community on a variety of cultural heritage projects, as well as teaching in some of their schools. I am VERY excited! I will be there a month. And get to travel afterwards. I get to see wiiiiild animals! RAAAWR! I don't actually know any other details yet but I will keep you posted. 

In the mean time.

Up top is  pic of where i will be going... 


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh, Amebag, I'm so excited for you! This all sounds so amazing, it's going to be incredible :)

Send me a postcard, yeah? :P