Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do I know this?

So .. while doing my reading for marketing week 7 ... i came across this..

There is something I don't know
that I am supposed to know.
I don't know what it is I don't know, 
and yet am supposed to know;
and I feel I look stupid
if I seem both not to know it
and not to know what it is I don't know.
Therefore I pretend to know it.
This is nerve racking
since I don't know what I must pretend to know.
Therefore I pretend to know everything.

I feel you know what I am supposed to know
but you can't tell me what it is
because you don't know that I don't know what it is.

You may know what I don't know, but not
that I don't know it,
and I can't tell you. So you will have to tell me everything.

(R D Laing's Knots)

In a nutshell .... that is the basis of my entire academic life!

No comments: